Main Content Section
- All high school students taking dual enrollment courses must meet the appropriate
- Academic Courses: minimum overall 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale on all high school courses and with successful completion of 14 core high school units and/or junior status. The 14 core high school units are listed and defined in Appendix B of the Mississippi Public School Accountability Standards. Students who have not completed 14 core high school units or achieved junior status may be admitted to the dual enrollment/credit program with a minimum of an overall 3.0 GPA on all high school courses and a minimum composite ACT score of 30 or the equivalent SAT score. An English sub score of 17 on the ACT is required to take Comp I and a 19 math sub score in order to take college algebra or a score of 80 or higher on the SREB Literacy/Math courses.
- Career-Technical Education: minimum high school GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale; may be classified as a sophomore; and obtain an unconditional recommendation from school administrator/counselor or CTE instructor (MDCC's Counselor Verification Form).
- Students participating in MDCC dual enrollment through their high school with their high school instructor will be limited to taking MDCC core courses unless approved by the Vice President of Instruction.
- A student may be enrolled in other courses through MDCC’s e-Learning provided the student meets the necessary requirements and with the permission of the MDCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator and the Vice President of Instruction.
- All necessary documentation from the respective high school counselor must be submitted one week prior to the start of each semester. The MDCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator will notify the proper person in charge at the high school of the exact date each semester.
- MDCC textbooks will need to be purchased for the courses prior to the beginning of each semester. However, no textbooks should be purchased early as there are times when the textbook changes between semesters. MDCC typically does not change textbooks between semesters unless mandated by the publisher. *Click here for the textbook information site.*
- Once a senior graduates a final high school transcript with the graduation date must be mailed to Admissions, MDCC, P.O. Box 668, Moorhead, MS 38761 as soon as possible. This is a requirement.